Dear OMM Friends and Families,
To keep you informed of the measures we are taking as an organization to keep our residents and staff safe during this time of the worldwide Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, I write to you now. Under the direction of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH), Oklahoma Methodist Manor is enacting these steps effective March 13, 2020:
- Prohibiting all non-emergency guests to the Health Care Households and to the Holliman Center. Exterior doors to these buildings will be locked to entry.
- The Holliman Center reception area will receive guests and address concerns; however, guests will not be permitted in the Health Care Households or Holliman Center.
- Screening all employees for any symptoms of respiratory illness, including fever, prior to starting work every day. Any staff member who feels unwell or displays symptoms, will be sent home.
- Restricting the access of all third-party care providers such as Home Care or Hospice partners. For urgent services, access may be granted following a health screening of the caregiver.
- Canceling or postponing all large group activities on campus.
- Canceling or postponing all non-urgent medical appointments and other outings.
- Enhancing our cleaning and disinfection practices across campus, especially “high touch” areas.
- Encouraging all employees and campus residents to practice good hand hygiene.
- Screening all potential new residents into the Health Care Households.
We are implementing these measures at this time through March and meeting weekly, sometimes daily to adjust and restructure our plan if needed. We will reevaluate all organizational responses on April 1. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work to protect our vulnerable and frail elders. Should you have any questions or concerns about Oklahoma Methodist Manor’s response to the Coronavirus pandemic, please reach out to me at email@example.com or 918-346-6613.
CEO, Oklahoma Methodist Manor